- To give the young people a stronger voice in the local community.
- To raise awareness and engagement in local Council activities.
- Inclusion of young people in Council decision-making process.
- Increase understanding of the role and functions of local government.
- Applications are required to be submitted prior to end of term 3.
- The top three applications are shortlisted by YAC and sent to the Community Development Unit (CDU).
- The Mayor along with CDU will choose the successful applicant.
- Appointment of the Youth Mayor would be arranged in December.
Appointment of Youth Mayor:
- Council will work with the respective school to arrange a formal appointment process of the new Youth Mayor.
- Youth Mayor Leadership pin and Chain of Office will also be arranged!
Youth Mayor Application Form